Joel, Cecilia, Dean and I headed one Sunday to my dad's for dinner. Alyse, Brandon, Abram, Mattis, Jill, Joe, Joseph, my dad and my grandparents were all there for dinner. Brad stayed home to work on a painting project and wait for Vincent to get home from his trip. It was a fun to watch my kids interact with their cousins. At one point my grandfather was teasing Dean and kept grabbing Abram and saying "mine!" Dean was not happy, but his arm around Abram and said "no, he my cousin!" and ushered him away as quickly as he could. Abram was happy to go with Dean. Joseph had fun with all the kids and fell in love with Joel. Joseph would grab Joel's face and kiss him and Joel loved it. He kept saying "I think he loves me!" It was adorable!
Brad ran out of primer for his project and asked us to get some one our way home. We found a Home Depot and it was only a few minutes out of our way. While we were parking it started to rain rather hard. I was not very excited about running them all into the store and back out in the rain. We were waiting for the primer to be mixed and right next to us was a flag display. Joel begged and begged to get one. The little ones were only a dollar so I told them they all had money for Easter and if they wanted to spend some of it on a flag they could. We came home with 3 American flags.
On the way home Joel was talking about different presidents. He is really into the presidents lately and has been bringing books home from school about the different presidents. He tells me his favorite is Obama. I asked why and his answer made me laugh. He said mommy because he is a president and he is still alive. And because his skin color is the same as my friend's at school. I had to inform Joel that there were other old presidents that were still alive and he was simply amazed!

No comments:
Post a Comment