About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, May 15, 2017

International night

Vincent participated in a group project for 4-H.  The group picked a country, studied the country, made a poster about the country, and then presented it at International Night.  Many clubs participated and they all had displays, samples of food, crafts and such to educate people about the country they picked.  It was open to the public and it was fun to see all the work that was put into it and taste all the yummy food from around the world.



The nice part about the project was that it gave Vincent an opportunity to work with some of the older kids in our 4-H club.  He enjoyed that his cousins were part of the project!  The country they studied was Honduras and they were fortunate enough to interview someone who is from Honduras.  Vincent amazed me with his ability to use the computer and all things Google (docs, drive, etc) to type up and share his portion of the research with the club.


Enjoying International Night


The kids all decided that they wanted to have tie-dyed shirts that were blue and white (similar to the flag colors) for International Night.  I offered to make Keith and Karoline's too and read up on how to tie-dye (it isn't hard).  I was very proud of myself that they all turned out because I had no idea what I was doing, I just followed the directions and hoped for the best.  Cecilia and Joel were bummed they didn't get to tie-dye something, so I assured them we would do it this summer as a craft project.  They were satisfied with that and then I hid the supplies because them being out of sight is best for me until I buy shirts to tie-dye.


My masterpieces ;)
Vincent was a very enthusiastic participant at International Night. He stayed by his booth a bit, but also visited all the other countries and tried out everything they had to offer.  He had a ton of friends there and he was having a blast.  My sister Kasi came to visit and she went with us to check it all out.  She stayed with Cecilia and they visited all the booths.  I was with Joel, we were done looking in about 15 minutes.  It was a long night for Joel.  Dean went around with Brad and was happy to try all the different food.  While we were there Brad pointed out an older gentleman that was taking pictures.  He told me that was the photographer from his parents' wedding!


As much as Vincent loved the project I am guessing he will be doing it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment