The Sunday after Easter we went to church and then came home and had lunch. Dean went down for a nap and I kicked everyone out of the house so I could clean it and wash the floors without interruption. I literally locked all the doors. They could still get into the basement and use the bathroom if they needed. Brad put the hammock swing back up for the kids. They rode bikes around the yard and climbed a few trees in the front yard. Joel and Vincent didn't like being locked out of the house and insisted on trying to break in a few times. They succeeded once. I pointed out that they could stay in and clean and they found other things to do.
 |
| Dean and Buttercup |
 |
| It isn't very often we get a picture with just Dean. |
I finished cleaning about the same time Dean woke up and we went outside to play with Buttercup. She had not been ridden in a month so I lounged her first and then I jumped on her bareback. The boys didn't want to come outside and play anymore so I jokingly said "who wants to see Mommy get bucked off a pony?" They were all over that and wanted to film it with my phone for knucklehead tv (the name of the YouTube channel they want to created...they have a whole collection of movies for it). They were rather disappointed when Buttercup was a perfect angel for me. Cecilia took a turn on her and did a wonderful job. Vincent rode her and got her to listen really well and not just follow me around. We let Dean ride her bareback too and I asked Brad to walk next to him because usually he isn't very steady on her. He sat so tall and perfect on her it was amazing! Buttercup was even walking slow which is not something she normally does when we ride her, but we did keep her best friend Ollie within view which I think made a big difference.
 |
| Brad put Dean in the tree which started the tree climbing. My phone died and I didn't get any pictures of the other kids climbing. |
When we were done the kids decided to get lead ropes and use them to climb the trees in the front yard. It mostly worked. More than mostly I suppose since no one was injured.
Then at the end of the night Tally came over to visit.
 |
| Sisters...12.5 years young |
No comments:
Post a Comment