About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Packing and moving

May was one of the most stressful months I have ever experienced.  Slowly things are getting less stressful but we still have a way to go.  For starters we are in the process of moving.  I say process because we spent most of May packing up our house very strategically into a 40 foot box trailer that was parked alongside the house.  It had to be packed strategically not only so it could all fit, but we won’t be able to unpack most of it for 6 weeks when we are able to move into our next house.  In the meantime we are living in my in-laws basement with our dogs, the horses have invaded their pastures and our cat has been appointment a shop cat (which I feel is a promotion from a barn cat, where she was going to end up).

Juanita Renee



Bristol and Juanita


Things I have learned so far from all of this:  when you think you have everything packed more stuff oozes out of the cracks of the house/shed/etc and you suddenly have 3 more boxes to pack; if you leave the box trailer open the kids are attracted like magnets and will climb everything even if the box says “fragile”; our house was ridiculously child friendly (even more so than I realized) and it turns out that helped save my sanity; some houses are nearly impossible to childproof without looking like a crazy lady; my children have taken moving to be an opportunity not to sleep or to sleep in our bed; being unorganized is aggravating!


The boys climbing in the trailer when it wasn't very full

Joel is so proud of his skills


Joel getting caught climbing and Vincent happy he hasn't been caught yet


Cecilia getting in on the fun



Hopefully nothing gets broke!


Part of the moving included moving our wonderful swing set.  Brad’s idea was to lift it with a crane, set it on a lo-boy trailer and drive it to the farm.  It sounded too simple to really be that easy!  Then a couple grandpas, a couple uncles, a daddy and a few pieces of equipment later and our swing set was flying high above our shed and going onto a trailer.  It was really amazing to see it!  


The crane

Slowly lifting the swing set

Hello Uncle John!

A flying swingset


It was literally hanging above our shed


I couldn't believe what I was seeing


Getting lowered down


Sitting on the trailer


A big thank you to everyone who watched kids, helped us pack, helped us clean and move all our things, animals and children!  We couldn’t have gotten everything done without all of you.  Also, a big thank you to my in-laws for taking in a family of 5 people, 2 dogs, 4 horses, and a cat and all our possessions into their basement, shed, etc.  It is going to be a very interesting 6 weeks.  Vincent and I are calling it our new adventure! 

Vincent helping Brad load up the Gator for the trip to Grandma and Grandpa's


For those of you who are wondering why we would move from a beautiful house and property we put so much work into that we loved so much, let me tell you it was a complicated decision.  We will now be closer to the farm, work, church, doctors, grocery store, babysitters, therapy, school, and in a better school district.  All of which will make this move worth it!



The kids and dogs in front of our lilac bush


No comments:

Post a Comment