As we were
moving our house was in total disarray and the kids were allowed to do some
things that I would not normally do. The
fact that our bed was in the living room didn’t really help the situation
either. Vincent called it a couch
bed. All the kids enjoyed jumping on it
and the dogs were happy not to have to walk upstairs to go to bed.
With all the boxes that were around Vincent started making little tunnels. Then Brad helped and we had a tunnel that went through 3 rooms downstairs! Brad and Cecilia got stuck in there once. Cecilia put on the brakes half way through and Brad couldn't move. Brad sent Vincent upstairs to come get me to help. I sent Vincent in the exit to retrieve Cecilia and Joel went in the entrance to "help" too. I had as much fun as the kids did playing in the tent tunnel!
| A very messy living room/bedroom days before we moved |
| Radiator Dancers...they tried building a bridge to the bed |
| Cecilia's "tatoo's" as Vincent called it |
| Silly girl |
| The silly marker kids |
With all the boxes that were around Vincent started making little tunnels. Then Brad helped and we had a tunnel that went through 3 rooms downstairs! Brad and Cecilia got stuck in there once. Cecilia put on the brakes half way through and Brad couldn't move. Brad sent Vincent upstairs to come get me to help. I sent Vincent in the exit to retrieve Cecilia and Joel went in the entrance to "help" too. I had as much fun as the kids did playing in the tent tunnel!
| Striking a pose |
| Cecilia thinks he is hilarious |
| The start of the tunnel |
| Thru the dining room into the foyer |
| Thru the foyer into the office |
| Thru the foyer into the office and into the living room |
Some of the
things the kids decided to do on their own were climbing on the radiators and
jumping from the radiator to the couch bed.
They also found the box of markers that didn’t fit in the craft
box. I started letting them decorate our
moving boxes. One day when we were doing
that Cecilia started drawing on a box and then on her leg with the purple
marker. Joel was in bed and Vincent told
Cecilia that she looked beautiful. Cecilia smiled and kept coloring. Vincent then asked if he could look like
Cecilia too. I told him that he could
draw on his leg and that was it. Then I
took a phone call and Vincent took the purple marker to his forehead, cheeks,
ears, and legs. Cecilia and Vincent were
quite the purple mess! At first I just
laughed about it and then I panicked that maybe the purple wouldn’t come off
completely and I didn’t want it on the kids for Kasi’s graduation! I got it mostly off and after a shower that
night they were good as new.
| Brad was the first one to live in the house |
| One guy, one very large house |
| Then he got married to Kelli.... |
| and they got a dog (Bristol), but Kelli was away at school so it was just the two of them. |
| The wife came home on weekends and then for good after she graduated veterinary school. |
| She brought another dog (Maisy) home with her. And a horse (Ray), but he wasn't there for the photo. |
| Then the happy couple had a son named Vincent |
| Two years later they had another son named Joel. |
| Two years after that they had a daughter named Cecilia. |
| And sometimes Cecilia ran into pictures when she wasn't supposed to. |
| She learned it from her brother Joel, who had to hug Bristol right that second. |
The day
before we closed on the house we took the kids back to pick up the last few
things and let them say goodbye to the house.
They weren’t sure what to think about it being empty and we took a few
last laps around our indoor race track.
I wanted to get pictures of all of us in front of the house in the order
in which everyone arrived. Vincent was
our photographer for some of the pictures (any that Brad and I were both in)
and he did a great job!
The kids couldn't resist playing in what was left of the sandbox one more time! They brought a lot of sand with them.
| Putting sand on your head is not a good idea, no matter what! |
| So much fun letting Joel in the car after playing in the sand...at least he isn't eating it |
| Kind of the hill |
The kids couldn't resist playing in what was left of the sandbox one more time! They brought a lot of sand with them.
| She made it to the top! |

No comments:
Post a Comment