About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Old friends

The first week into college I met my friend Heather, we lived in the same dorm on the same floor.  We quickly became friends and have remained close for a long time.  I was in her wedding, she was in mine, our husbands are friends, our kids are friends and this fall Heather informed me that we had been friends for 17 years!  I am not sure how that is possible because I can't believe it has been 17 years since I started college.  Not to mention it just means that I am getting older right along with the kids!  In my head I stay about the same age and they are the ones growing up and hearing Heather say that we had been friends for that long meant we were also getting older and college wasn't just a couple years ago.


There were a group of 4 of us that were close in college and I am lucky enough to say that I still talk to all of them and get to see them, but not as often as I would like.  Heather only lives an hour away so we are able to get together more often than I can with Jennifer or Tiffany.  The other night Heather, Erik and the kids (L and L) came over.  I told my kids they were coming and they were thrilled!  I told Brad and he was quick to ask if Erik was coming too.  We spent the night watching 6 kids run and play all over the house.  I can't count the number of times they went up and down the basement stairs.  D did his best to keep up with them and he was exhausted by the end of the night.  The kids put together a dance show for us and it was more than entertaining. 



V and L Dancing with wigs

L dancing on the couch


Heather and I attempted to have many conversations throughout the night but per the usual they were interrupted off and on by the kids, but we wouldn't have it any other way.  We have been communicating that way for 8 years and we are pretty good at it.  Erik and Brad finished up their year long endeavor of making hard apple cider from a combination of apples from our trees and apples from their trees. It was tasted (for a second time), different flavors were named and memories were made.  While the guys were siphoning cider from one jug to another (so Erik could take some home) V and L were playing monopoly and watching.  L said "what are they doing?".  I wasn't really watching the guys and just said transferring the cider to which he responded "into Brad's mouth?" I was confused and quickly turned around and saw why he thought that...because Brad was trying to get the siphon started and one end of the tube was in his mouth.








We made the apple cider in the fall of 2015.  It only happened because the guys were rained out of the fields.  After an long day (4pm-2am) spent at the Crawford's house we had the final apple cider product.  It involved a lot of labor and a lot of fun.  The kids had a blast helping and tasting.  Brad and Erik took some of it and both researched how to make hard apple cider and each made a batch or 2 at their own houses.  Over Memorial day weekend we stayed at their house.  After the kids went to bed we tried some of the hard apple cider and consumed some adult beverages.  We had some pretty fantastic names, slogans and labels for our product.  If you were to value our time at all this would be very expensive cider and hard apple cider. 



The guys taking their hard cider with them to do chores.

This apple cider making experience was one that none of us will forget and I am betting a few of the older kids will remember it too.  Just one of many adventures we have had with the Crawford family and I am sure there are more to come.



Dean asleep in my bed the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment