About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Home Alone

Our house is a weird shape and design.  It looks neat but bedrooms are strange (octagon shaped), we have 2 bathrooms that are literally right next to each other, we have another bathroom whose walls are lined with mirrors, and our master bedroom and bathroom have no wall separating them.  Ladies and gentleman I can get from my bed to my bathtub without touching the floor, not easily, but it is possible.  Our master closet is up a flight of stairs, it is huge, but not entirely convenient.  We only have 3 bedrooms in our house and the plan was to have D either in C's room or with the boys.  Neither works because they come out of their rooms 3-4 times a night and they take a good 30 minutes to fall asleep.  D needs to be in bed as soon as they go to bed or it gets ugly and he can't fall asleep with their shenanigans going on and keeping him on the couch until he falls asleep and then moving him to their rooms doesn't go well either.  I ended up asleep on the couch with him and our house slowly became a disaster area since I was not cleaning after the kids went to bed.


This fall we moved D up to the master closet, also known as the Lego room.  I made the kids keep the Legos in my closet because I hated having them all over the house.  Having to keep them away from the dog and D was too much and I hated stepping on them.  Most of our clothes don't make it up to the big closet, we have a tiny one in our room.  Once every 1-2 months I haul the clothes all up there and we start over.  Anyway D would be away from the post bedtime chaos and I was hopeful it would work.  We tried it for 2 weeks with a pack 'n play and it was wonderful, so my little minions and I took apart the crib and carried up to the master closet.  D has been living there ever since, so the master closet is now the Lego room or D's room or Mommy and Daddy's closet depending on why we are talking about it.


The pictures doesn't do it justice, but if you stick to the middle you are pretty safe.


It is a wonderful set up and D goes right to be and sometimes I am able to clean the house.  However, the Legos had been staying on one side of the room and away from the main walk way.  But they have slowly migrated closer and closer to the area I have to walk to get to the crib.  Every time I go to get D I feel like it is a scene from Home Alone as I carefully step and jump to avoid stepping on a Lego.  I could clean them up or move them to the side or make the kids do it but I always forget about them until it is nap time or bed time and I can't send the kids up there to clean them up when Dean is supposed to be sleeping.  Plus if I don't go with them cleaning Legos turns into playing with Legos and the mess stays the same or gets worse.  For now I look at it as an obstacle course to get through and it has been over 3 weeks since I stepped on a Lego!

No comments:

Post a Comment