We are well aware that our kids will not all fall in love with farming and want to be a part of our farming operation and we are not bothered by that. I am also pretty sure they don't all want to be veterinarians and I am ok with that.
V has already declared he will be on the ISS (International Space Station) and will come visit us when he isn't in space, he says he can help on the farm when he is home and more once he is retired from the ISS. He has already warned me that he won't be able to call me very much while he is in space. He found the U of I Vet School opening disgusting and I am sure any sort of job in the medical field is not something he is interested in.
J wants to be a preschool teacher. It started as 2nd grade teacher and then was 1st grade and then kindergarten. Now he wants to have a preschool at our house. There have been talks of being a fireman, but he doesn't want to be the person that goes inside by the fire. I think he is hoping to just stay by the truck and stay safe.
I will be surprised if C doesn't do something in a medical field. If there are blood and guts around she wants to see it up close and person. Even better if you have a picture so she can go back and look at it 100 times and zoom in too. She wants to know whey everything happens and what happens if it doesn't work right. She loved the vet school open house and was not grossed out by anything. She also has a fascination with funerals, so who knows.
D currently loves animals, tractors, and other farm equipment. He may be our most likely candidate to farm. He loves driving his toy tractors, combine, cattle trailer and semi truck with a low boy trailer around the living room.
Brad likes to remind them that if they don't work hard, pay attention and make good decisions that they will "be living in a van down by the river." We also tell C and V (who argue quite a bit) that if they work together they can take over the world and if they spend time fighting J will take over the world while they aren't paying attention.
Speaking of future plans...the other day the kids discussed who they were going to marry. I was at work so I missed out on the conversation, but Brad and the kids filled me in later. V was marrying the neighbors daughter, J was determined he was marrying a girl from school, C was marrying my friend's son and D was marrying C's best friend. She decided that for him!
They have so many plans for themselves and as determined as the 4 of them are I am sure they will go places and meet wonderful people to share their lives with. Although I can't say I would be sad if they ended up with their current choices. They all picked great kids from nice families! I pray they continue to dream big and not let anything stop them from achieving all their goals!

No comments:
Post a Comment