About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, September 30, 2013

We took the monkeys to the zoo

I have a confession...I dread the start of the school year and I LOVE summer.  I know the kids need an education, but being tied down to a schedule and having to do homework again just sounds dreadfully painful to me.  It may be because I spent so much time in school and I have only been out for 6 years.  I put on a smile and make school sound fun for the kids but my head is screaming "I don't want summer to end!"  It is usually around this time of year when I decide home schooling would be a lot better.  Then the rational portion of my brain takes over and I realize home schooling is probably not for us.



Lexi, Vincent and Logan in a little hut

Cecilia having a snack


Logan, Vincent, Lexi, Joel and Cecilia...apparently they segregate based on age


Logan and Vincent seeing how big they are


When August approaches and I know the end of summer is near we start trying to fit everything into a two week period that we didn't get around to doing earlier in the summer.  This year was no exception, but we weren’t the only ones trying to squeeze a little extra fun into the summer before school started.  The Crawfords' had the same plan as us, so we all got together at the Brookfield Zoo for a day of fun.  We are talking seeing almost every inch of the zoo, don’t care if kids are melting, we are going to have fun kind of day!  Actually the kids were really good, we did have fun and there were very few meltdowns.  They even got to play at the splash park and the regular playground!


Joel and Lexi in the wagon


Lexi, Vincent, Logan, Joel and Cecilia


Joel and Lexi holding hands


So cute!


The cute crew!


Vincent, Logan, Lexi, Joel and Cecilia all took turns either riding in our stroller, the Crawford’s wagon, or walking.  Vincent and Logan are two peas in a pod and went every where together.  Lexi took turns either holding Joel’s hand and dragging him where she thought he needed to be (and most of the time he willingly followed her) or holding Cecilia’s hand. 


Erik and Brad and the kids

Big smiles at the zoo!

Lexi, Logan and Vincent learning about Polar Bears.  Vincent told her he likes predators because they eat meat and he likes to eat meat too.

The 3 who willingly pose for pictures!



Us adults took turns chasing down children, pushing strollers, and hauling children to the bathrooms.  While at the bathroom Vincent made a great observation.  He said “why is the girls’ bathroom line always long?  Why can’t Logan and I just go in the boys’ bathroom ?  We told him that the mommies usually have to bring their kids to the bathroom and that was why the line was so long and no you can’t go in the boys bathroom alone.  Logan and Vincent both had arguments for our answer, but they patiently waited in line with us.



So much fun at the splash park!


Heather, Lexi and Cecilia holding hands


The kids loved these!  Logan and Vincent


Vincent and Logan


After a very full day at the zoo, we headed to Red Robin for dinner.   It was so much fun.  The kids enjoyed the balloons they got while we were waiting for a table, and they just have fun when they are together.  All four of us adults had a great time talking and joking around and our waitress was really great!  We all had such a fun day!  I would do that again in a heartbeat.  Actually Heather sent me a text about 6 weeks after that day and it said Lexi was asking when we were going to go to the zoo and Red Robin again.  Fun times with great friends are priceless!



Vincent and Logan


Cecilia and Lexi


Joel


Cecilia and Lexi holding hands


Joel, Brad and the lions


Brad and Erik relaxing and making a plan for dinner


Lexi, Vincent, Logan, Joel and Lexi...all very tired after a long day. 



2 comments:

  1. I lobe thos in so many wars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this in so many ways. That's better...

      Delete