About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thursday Specials


At the end of July I worked a half day at a nearby vet clinic.  My normal babysitter was out of town so I asked my Aunt Carol and my Grandma Ruggiero to watch the kids.  They happily accepted the challenge!  We had only been in the house a week or so and we didn’t realize that our doorbell didn’t work all the time, so they were stuck outside for 10 minutes that morning.  They tried to call me, but the kids had my phone and didn’t tell me someone called.  They called Brad, but his phone was on silent.  Finally I got my phone back and saw Alyse was texting me that my aunt was at my house. 

A picture Alyse sent me.  She thinks Cecilia looks like Ducky from the Land Before Time.  I do too!


It sounded like the rest of the day went much better!  They had fun with the kids, straightened up my house, and Alyse even came over to spend time with everyone while I was gone.  The best part about their visit was the food they brought along!  It was all delicious but my favorite was the whole box of Thursday Specials from Naples Bakery.  I love them, I have loved them since as long as I can remember.  When I was little my Nanno would buy them for us, but I would have to share them with my sisters, or he would just get us a few.  Which in his defense, who really “needs” a whole box?  No one!  But I got a whole box at the end of July from my Grandma who thought ahead to go the day before coming to visit me, for they are only made on Thursdays.    I love my grandma for so many reasons, but I loved her a little smidgen more for the box of goodness she brought to my house.  I did share them with the kids and Brad and maybe they all ate some while I was at work, but I ate the majority of them myself because the kids didn’t really like them.


Love!

I am thankful for all the good food they brought and that they were able to spend time with the kids in their “natural” environment.  We are so blessed with a wonderful, loving, caring family and now we are about 25 minutes closer to all of them!  That saves nearly an hour in a round trip drive.  I am so excited about that!!!!


Another cute picture Aunt Alyse sent me of her and Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment