About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Be Careful Driving!


For some reason, that I can’t quite figure out, people tend to crash into my in-laws pasture fence.  We aren’t talking slow speed and oops I am in the ditch.  We are talking big crashes, breaking fence, ambulances, jaws of life type crashes.  More than 1 person has died over the years.  They sit on a gentle curve in the road and I can only guess that people aren’t paying attention.  Generally they are headed east, they go into the ditch, over correct and end up in the pasture.  Not always, but generally that is how it goes.  It doesn’t happen every year, but every 2-3 years.  Usually I just hear about them second hand, but we get got to experience it first hand at the end of July.

Brad was working in our attic, I was in the backyard with the kids and he heard screeching tires and knew it wasn’t good.  He went flying out of the house and jumped on the 4 wheeler and headed to see what happened.  He saw a car in the pasture up against the tree.  There were already people stopped to help and Brad went straight passed the car and started to catch the 2 cows and 2 horses that were in the pasture, all of which seemed oblivious to what was going on.

The cash


I was outside in the backyard when it happened and with the children running around and playing I never heard anything.  Plus I never saw or heard Brad leave the house but when the kids and I came into the house I looked outside and saw traffic backed up.  Just as I was about to call Brad he called me.  I wanted to see what was going on, but Brad said the kids shouldn’t see it, so I put a movie on the tv and walked down along our fence line to catch a peek.  I couldn’t believe how far fence posts had flown.

They ended up needing a helicopter to transport the man to the hospital.  Brad and I were a little worried about how the horses in the back pasture would handle the helicopter, but they did really well.  There was a little running , but they circled right back to the fence and watched it.  

Helicopter


When the accident occurred all of my in-laws, along with Bob, Sarah and the kids were all at the state 4-H show, so it was up to Brad get the fence put back up.  With the help of Efren he had it back up the next morning.  Before we left that day for the fair we asked the neighbors to keep an eye on things while we were gone.  We were gone overnight and at some point a car crashed into our corn field.  At least there was no fence to fix.   

People please drive slower and pay attention!  Soon there will be farm equipment on the road and we need people to notice and drive safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment