About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012


For New Year’s Eve we didn’t really have any plans.  I had to work in the morning and I wanted to drink a frozen strawberry margarita to celebrate the New Year those were the extent of our plans.  Aren’t we exciting?  When I got home from work each family member got to pick something they wanted to do that night.  Joel picked puzzles.  Cecilia wanted to race Shake ‘n go cars (Brad may have helped her decide that but she does love them).  I wanted to play a game.  Vincent wanted to have an underwear on your head dance party.  Brad wanted to build marble towers.  As we got started with all of that I decided to invite Bob, Sarah and their kids, Craig and Diane.  It was last minute and I wasn’t sure they would be able to join us but they did.


My bartender!


Brad gave Vincent a special non-alcoholic drink


Keith celebrating with a glass of....grape juice.

Before everyone got to the house we made marble towers and worked on puzzles.  Once everyone made it to our house and was done eating we had an “underwear on our head dance party.”  Vincent wanted everyone to have underwear on their head, so he went upstairs and raided mine and Brad’s underwear drawers.  Lucky for me and everyone else he mostly grabbed Brad’s brand new underwear.  That is about where my luck stopped.  He also brought done a very bright colored (hard to hide), skimpy pair of my underwear and proceeded to hold it up and say “Here mommy, here is your undies!”  My face was probably very red, but at that point I decided I may as well just go along with it and put them on my head.  Thank you Vincent for embarrassing me!  I am sure it won’t be the last time he does that.  Actually a little while later while I was playing Just Dance 4 with Kristine, Karoline and Keith on the Wii I am sure I embarrassed myself plenty! 


Vincent and a pile of undies



Cecilia and the Wii remote



Kristine, a tired Vincent, and Karoline


Cecilia spent her evening showing off for Karoline.  Cecilia was climbing on and off Joel’s new small trampoline.  She was also jumping on it and rolling around on it, but she was sure to keep looking at Karoline to make sure Karoline was watching.  Karoline was even nice enough to follow Cecilia on her quest to climb the stairs.  It was really cute watching Cecilia try to get her cousin’s attention and be a little show off.


Cecilia


A trampoline and a race car tournament


Cecilia showing off


Before the night was over there was even a Shake ‘N Go Race Car Tournament.  You picked your car, you picked the batteries and then raced 2x2.  My car lost and then I stopped paying attention to the tournament.  Everyone left for home by 10:30.  The kids went to bed.  Brad and I stayed up until midnight.  Then I sat in the massage chair and woke up after 1 am to the house being dark and everyone (dogs included) in bed.  Brad said something to me about going to bed, but I fell asleep.  Oops!  


Uncle Bob was really excited to race his car!



2012 has been a great year and we are looking forward to a wonderful 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment