This year for Christmas we stayed home all day without any plans. It was the first time we had done this and it was pretty great. At first I thought it was a little weird that we weren't going to see any extended family on Christmas, but the prospect of staying home all day and staying in pajamas if we wanted was very exciting!
 |
| Brad and Cecilia enjoying her first Christmas |
 |
| Vincent really excited about socks in stockings |
 |
| Clearly I was still tired! Joel was too busy eating his donuts to look at the camera |
A week or so before Christmas I had put on Facebook that I wanted Santa to give me a full nights sleep in my own bed for Christmas. Christmas morning my wish came true! The kids all slept until about 9am which was wonderful because Brad and I had stayed up until 1:30am getting everything ready for Christmas morning. Vincent was in bed with us when I woke up, not a huge surprise, and Brad and I told him to hurry up and go to the bathroom so he didn't wet our bed. He said "no" and was being a stinker about it. Then he sat up in bed, looked over at my still laying down and said in a very stern voice "Mommy, its always good to tell the truth." I told him that he was right. Then in a very pleasant tone he said "I peed in your bed!" I laughed and then had to compose myself enough to tell Vincent that I was laughing at what he said not the fact that he wet our bed.
 |
| They spotted the gift Santa left |
 |
| Everyone was very excited about the race track |
After we got all 3 kids up and diapers changed we headed downstairs together. We all started by opening our stockings. All of us got different fun wooden train track accessories. I got a roundabout! I was very excited. Ok, I may have picked it all out but I really did want a roundabout. The kids all got socks and ornaments in their stockings. Joel got a Lightning McQueen ornament. Vincent got an ornament with pictures of Bailey on it, a big thanks to my cousin Molly Sass at Sassy Adornments for making it. Cecilia got a baby's first Christmas ornament. I am going to try to start getting them each an ornament every year. I have a few years to make up for with the boys. Vincent also got underwear. Joel and Vincent got a juice box and donuts as well. I never buy juice boxes, so the boys were very excited.
 |
| More fun with the race track |
 |
| Cecilia and her Holly car |
After they got done opening their stockings the kids finally saw that Santa had brought them a Cars Shake 'N Go Race Track. Each of the kids also got a shake 'n go car. Vincent got Francesco, Joel had Lightning McQueen and Cecilia got Holly. All three kids, Brad and I have fun with the race track. Don't think we were just pawning off the boys gift as a gift for Cecilia. She really loves playing with cars and will push them around on the floor and climb and sit in the middle of the racetrack and play cars. She even has figured out that if she shakes them they make noise. She did receive some dolls and stuffed animals for Christmas gifts but she doesn't ever play with them, her brothers on the other hand do.
 |
| Joel and Lightning McQueen |
 |
| Vincent very excited about his science kit |
 |
| Cecilia wandered off to look out the window |
After we played with the cars we spent the rest of the morning slowly opening the other gifts. I was actually amazed at how long it took the kids to open everything. Of course we were letting them play with almost every gift as they opened it. Joel still isn't that interested in unwrapping gifts. If you start it for him and he can tell from the box it is something he really wants then he will open it. Otherwise Vincent, Brad or I would just open gifts for him.
 |
| Joel super excited that Daddy was putting the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together |
 |
| Building a really great train track while Cecilia napped! She is the destroyer! |
 |
| Mommy and Cecilia taking our own picture |
Vincent came home from school right before Christmas vacation with a gift for Brad and I. He told us we couldn't open the gift until Christmas. He was very excited for us to open it Christmas morning and he even took our picture with the gift.
 |
| Brad and I with our present from Vincent |
 |
| The gifts from Vincent |
Early in the afternoon my grandparents stopped by the house. The found 4/5 of us playing with trains and all our new track accessories. Cecilia was sleeping so we were able to make a huge track that took up a good portion of the foyer. While they were here Vincent also managed to convince me to let him do a science experiment (or speriment as he says it) with his new science kit. Joel's favorite gift of the day was the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse he got from Brad and I. Joel also enjoyed the bows that Cecilia got for Christmas. To him they were just another type of hat!
 |
| Joel playing trains |
 |
| Joel playing with his MMCH, next to the trains (multitasking), and wearing Cecilia's bows. He was very happy! |
A little while after my grandparents left my mother and father in law stopped by. Vincent was so excited to give Grandpa Craig his gift he couldn't wait until the Stewart Christmas on the 29th. I let Vincent give Grandpa his present. The present was all Vincent's idea ( I may have made sure he carried thru with it). Vincent got Grandpa Craig new underwear. When we were in Farmer City this fall Vincent say Grandpa's underwear and said they were boring, so we got Grandpa some underwear that were boring. I think he was slightly embarrassed by it and I am glad we gave him that part of his gift before the Stewart Christmas. Vincent was very excited and it was so cute to see him so excited about giving someone a gift.
 |
| Mommy and Cecilia |
 |
| Vincent the mad scientist |
The rest of Christmas we just spent time playing games, goofing around, enjoying our new gifts, and trying to keep Cecilia from eating every small piece of wrapping paper and plastic around. It was a very enjoyable Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment