About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year's Day


New Year’s day was a big one around our house.  My big plans were to clean up Christmas and get everything put back in the attic.  Super exciting, right?  For me yes, for everyone else not so much.  Vincent’s big plan was to learn how to read.  He had asked the night before, when I was putting him to bed, if I could teach him to read before he went to bed.  I told him that in the morning we would use the books that Aunt Sarah gave him for his birthday and I would teach him.  The next morning he remembered and we got started!  There are 12 little books in the series and he can read the first 4 pretty well.  We are still working on not just making up words when we don’t know a word and sounding it out instead, but he is really enjoying it.  Over the past week we have been slacking on it and I really need to get better about practicing reading with him.


Brad and Vincent


Brad, Vincent, Joel escaping and Cecilia


Brad, Vincent, Joel watching a movie, and Cecilia


All 5 of us and Cecilia about to attempt to steal the phone


We took the phone away right before the camera took the picture.  Cecilia seems to enjoy the fact that Joel is upset.


We gave up on hiding the phone


New Plan...movie on laptop on chair.


Vincent attempting to keep Cecilia from escaping


Dogs, Kids, and the tree.  Bristol is the only one looking.


Cecilia making a break for it!



Vincent is determined to hold Cecilia still.


New Year’s day before we took the tree down we also did our traditional we-forgot-to-get-family-pictures-by-the-tree photo shoot.  Comical is one word that could describe how it went.  Joel wouldn’t look at the camera (no big surprise) so I put a movie on my laptop and place the laptop on a chair in front of the camera.  Cecilia kept crawling away and there isn’t much we could do about that except assign someone to holding her still.  Vincent was being good but he doesn’t always look at the camera when he is supposed to.  We tried a few with the dogs too, but Maisy kept trying to sneak off and Bristol was blocking the children and trying to steal the show.  We must have taken close to 75 pictures.


Joel and Bristol


Maisy, Vincent (eyes closed), Cecilia, Bristol and Joel



Maisy and Vincent.



Cecilia wanted an up close look at the movie...Joel is not happy about it


The boys and girls.



The pesky sister is back



Cecilia protesting!  Joel is oblivious and staring at his movie.




Just sit still Cecilia so they stop taking our picture



In what has become a tradition in our household Brad dismantled the tree with his power tools.


Bristol is giving up!


I just wanted to stand up!  Maisy is bored.



A pretty good picture!



Cecilia got an ornament


Joel notices the ornament and wants it but...


...there is something good on the laptop

Mommy and her kids



Mommy wondering why we haven't given up yet



Last picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment