About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Preschool Pet Project


Vince’s preschool class does a project approach to learning.  The kids all turned in ideas of things they want to learn about and then the teacher compiles them and finds the most popular ideas.  The first project is about pets.  They have set up a pet store in their classroom, used pet stamps to make patterns, talked about what animals eat, made food for their stuffed animal pets out of clay, set up a veterinarian’s office (or as Vince calls it “a vet store”), and they are reading books about animals.  They are also letting kids bring their pets to school for a 15-20 min show and tell, so the kids can learn about different pets.  We brought Bristol and Bailey to school (on different days), but they also had people bring in dogs, a bearded dragon, and I think even a hedgehog!
                                                   
I had fun bringing Bristol and Bailey to school.  Bristol loved it!  30 kids all there to give her attention!   At one point so many kids were petting her at once that you couldn’t even see Bristol.  Bailey was good and enjoyed it right up until I ran out of grain.  Then she got a little antsy.  Vince really enjoyed being able to show off his pets.  


This picture is from home, not school.  But he still is very proud of his horse.


We had donated a lot of stuff to Vince’s class to use for the “vet store.”  Vincent loved getting it all ready and organized to bring to school.  We even filled blood collection tubes with red water.  From what I have been told the kids are having a blast playing at the vet store and love wearing the masks and hats.  I can believe it because Vincent had a blast playing with everything at home.

Vincent’s class took a field trip a couple weeks ago to a local animal hospital.  I had volunteered to be a chaperone and drive a couple of Vincent’s classmates.  The hospital was just a few miles from the school and was beautiful.  I was a little jealous of their facility.  It was a lot newer and nicer than the clinic I work at.  This coming week the class is going on another field trip to a spot that will help teach them the difference between wildlife and domestic animals.  I didn’t volunteer to chaperone this time, it will be interesting to hear all about it from Vincent.


Vincent being a veterinarian, but he looks more like a mad scientist here!

Vincent is loving preschool so far and learning more than he even realizes!  Although the other day he was tired and in the matter of a one hour time period he went from complaining that it wasn’t his long day at school to complaining that he couldn’t stay home.  He said “Mommy, I wish I just knew everything about God, then I wouldn’t have to go to school.”  I informed him that he goes to school to not only learn about God but also letters and numbers and he has to go to school.  He didn’t seem to believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment