About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Feed My Starving Children

On a Saturday night in September a group of us from church (and several of our family members) went to Feed My Starving Children to help pack meals.  FMSC is an organization that purchases ingredients, uses volunteers to pack food and then sends food all over the world.  The food is usually going to areas where there are already missionaries in place that are asking for the food. The groups receiving the food have to pay for shipping, which I am sure is expensive, but in return they get nutritionally balance food to help the children who need it.  Check out their website at www.fmsc.org They are a really great organization that is really making a difference in so many people's lives.  The part that I really find amazing is that only 7-8% of the money that is donated goes to administrative costs!

The amount of food we packed in about 1.5 hours


Believe it or not, packing the food for 2 hours is a lot of fun!  It can also turn into a little competition.  Did our group pack more than other groups that day?   No kids under 5 are allowed, so Brad and I had a little date night.   Although he volunteered to be in the warehouse instead of packing, so I didn't see him most of the night.  Aren't we romantic?  After we packed food my mother in law, my brother in law (John) and his family, Kristine and Keith, and Brad and I went out for dinner.  It was a lot of fun!  We didn't have our kids with so I could actually have an entire conversation instead of small bits of conversations between "Mommy, I need...." and chasing Joel around.

It was a really great night hanging out with family and friends and I hope we do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment