About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Kelli and the Scarecrow!


Since Brad is busy with harvest I have had to find Saturday babysitters.  Not something I love to do because I feel bad asking people to give up half of their Saturday to babysit my kids.  I was lucky enough this past month because my mom was able to babysit one day (I have no pictures!) and my Grandma Pat and Papa babysat another day.  The kids love having their grandparents over to babysit and play with them.  They think it is great and so do I! 


Cecilia and Papa

Cecilia supervising the building of the scarecrow

Grandma Pat and Cecilia


When Grandma Pat and Papa came they brought along a scarecrow kit to make with the kids.  I thought it was a great idea and after I got home from work I watched Cecilia while Grandma headed outside with the boys.  Since it was a nice day Cecilia, Papa and I joined them after a few minutes.  When they were done making him they named him Herman and I helped tie him to a tree in our circle driveway.  The idea was that Grandma wanted him somewhere the kids could see him from the house.


Joel helping



Joel and Vincent went to get more hay


This toy Gator does a lot of real work!


When the dogs came outside after Herman was all set up they went a little crazy barking and running around him with their hair standing up.  After a few minutes they realized he was harmless and they haven’t been bothered by him since.  I on the other hand continue to be scared by Herman.  As a matter of fact the wind blew him over and he looked like he was doing a cart wheel and I left him like that for a week.  Then a couple days ago Brad went and fixed him.  


Vincent helping



Why does a silly little scarecrow bother me?   I don’t know I just find him creepy.  He has a real looking face.  I can see him from the living room and my bathroom.  I keep catching a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye and I think someone is outside staring at me.  It was worse when Brad was gone.   The only reason the scarecrow gets to stay is because I feel guilty taking down something that the boys and my grandma took the time to make.  I think after Halloween he will come down.  I don’t feel like I need to have him around until Thanksgiving.


The boys and Herman


Grandma thought Joel sitting on Vincent's shoulders (with her help) would be cute.  The boys didn't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment