About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Aunt Kennidy comes for a visit!


My sister Kennidy has been working so hard to earn money so she can go to Belgium this summer for a little reunion with Tina.  Kennidy kept telling me that she never gets to see me, so I told her when she finally has a weekend where she doesn’t have to work that she should come stay with me all weekend.  It happened to be the weekend between my birthday and hers that she spent time with us.  I was so excited!  I actually thought about getting the kids a babysitter so I could have Kennidy all to myself, but that seemed weird.



Aunt Kennidy and Cecilia

 
Kennidy, Joel and Vincent building train tracks


While she was at our house we mostly just visited, played with the kids and did a whole lot of nothing special.  It was pretty great!  Saturday night we went to see the guys in the field so Kennidy could ride in a combine and semi and see Brad.  Not that Kennidy was begging to see what harvest was about, we just thought it would be good for her to see what we do.  Plus Vincent really wanted to show her everything and I needed to get out of the house.  It had been really windy all day and we couldn’t really play outside and I was tired of being stuck inside.  I think Kennidy learned a lot about farming and had fun!


Joel eating a cookie and waiting for his turn in a tractor or truck


Aunt Kennidy and Vincent


 
Vince loves helping empty the semi trucks and running the moisture tester.  The moisture tester tests the moisture level in the corn.  That gives Brad an idea of how to adjust the dryer so that the corn doesn't get too dry.  Ideally we like to have it around 15%.  Generally when it comes out of the field it is higher than 15%.  If it is store when it is too wet you can run into problems with mold and no one is happy if we sell them moldy corn.  The night Vince was testing corn it was around 19%.  It is a great lesson for him in reading numbers, being patient and following directions.  Vince also gets to use the remote to open the hopper doors (doors on the bottom of the truck where the corn/soybeans empties out).  He had to teach me and Kennidy how to do it.



Kennidy using the remote for the hopper doors


 
Blurry picture, but Brad was reminding Vince which buttons to press and when

Cecilia didn't want her picture taken anymore

Sadly on Sunday we had to return Kennidy to my mom!  We all had a blast having her all to ourselves!  Now to convince Kasi to come spend the weekend with us….


Vince using the moisture tester


Vincent emptying a truck.


Getting ready to run a sample


A thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment