About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Vincent's point of view and Mr. Literal


It is no big secret that in our house we have three small children that all have an opinion on almost everything.  Somedays it drives me crazy but most days I am able to find the humor in it.  Here are some examples.

Vincent:
As I was matching socks I found some with holes, ripped them to make them bigger and asked Vincent to throw them away.  He did, but he wasn’t happy about it.  It wasn’t that he didn’t want to do work, but he thought we should save the socks.  Here is how the conversation went.
 
V: Mommy, why did you want those thrown away.
K: They had holes and nobody likes to have holes in their socks.
V: Mommy I think differently than you.  I don’t mind having holes in my socks.
K:  Ok, but I don’t like it and if I see any socks with holes I will throw them away.
V:  Why don’t you just fix the holes?
K:  That takes a lot of work.  I don’t know how and socks don’t cost that much money.
V: Just send them to Grandma Pat and have her fix them. 
K: She lives in AZ.  I am not shipping socks back and forth to AZ. 
V:  Why don’t you learn how to sew them?!  You have a sewing maching.
K:  That isn’t going to happen.
V:  We think differently.
K:  We think a lot the same too, just not about socks.

Joel:
A conversation at night.  Remember Joel is very literal about everything and has a great memory, so saying anything to just pacify him will bite you in the butt.  If you say to him “you are a monkey”  He will say “No I a kid!”
K: Joel get in bed now, story time is over.
J. I not take a nap.
K: Ok, no nap.  You are going to bed.
J.   I not take a nap.
K: Got it.  Tomorrow is school.
J: I NOT go to school.
K:  Yes you are now close your eyes.
J.  I not close my eyes.  I keep them open.
K: Ok, lay down with your eyes open.
5 minutes late he was sound asleep!

Cecilia spent over 2 weeks being sick.  Days before we left for Puerto Rico she was finally back to her self  When she was sick this is how the conversation would go (with her and Joel).
K: Cecilia are you sick? (As she lays on the couch looking miserable)
C:  I NOT sick.  Vincent sick.
K: OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment