About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bad Weather and Church


This winter we learned a new weather term: polar vortex.  We had so many days were the windchills were -50 for days on end.  It meant all the outside horses got to go into the arena for days on end.  It happened at least two different times for several days on end.  While it was fun seeing them all running around the arena, and doing chores with Bob and Sarah’s whole family, I didn’t enjoy the extreme cold.  All the kids wanted to do was go play in the snow and that was not an option, they would get frostbite in a matter of minutes.  On the bright side they got an extra long winter break because it was too cold outside.  Which gave my kids a couple more days to recover from their random illnesses before I had to send them back to school.

Sick Cecilia



Snow and lots of it!


One Sunday it was so cold, windy and the snow was blowing.  Brad offered to stay home with the kids (they were still sick) so I could go to church and get away from the house for a little bit.  He even told me to stay for the unhanging of the greens, which I happily did.  There were only like 15 people at church the morning due to the bad roads but it was so nice to get away from the house  for a little bit.  I love my kids dearly but 3 or more weeks in a row of sick kids is really more than any one person should have to deal with.


Sleeping in the car with their hats on...probably while we were doing chores.


Cecilia all bundled up in her hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment