About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Puerto Rico Day 2


Puerto Rico is 2 hours ahead of our time at home which made it really easy to stay up late, but not so easy to wake up.  After sleeping in I headed to the pool while Brad had morning meetings.  While at the pool it started to rain, so I headed back inside.  Brad and I were both scheduled to go on the Zip Line Tour, but since I was pregnant I went on the Rainforest Hike instead.  I really didn’t want to but it was the best thing to do.  I had been to this Rainforest before when I was in Puerto Rico with my dad and Jill when I was in college and the more the hike went on the more I remembered about that trip.  


My brief time laying in the sun before it rained!


The beach.

La Coca Falls



Raining in the rain forest.


The whole time we were on the hike it was pouring rain.  We all bought ponchos at the trail head and that helped us stay a little bit dry.  I didn’t know anyone else on the hike, but it was nice to get out in nature and go for a little walk.  Even it if was in the rain!
















Jill and I swam here years ago....it was a little cold for swimming this time.



I found these fascinating


Crazy roots!



I finally asked someone to take my pictures.




Brad had fun on the zip line tour even though it was raining.  He also had fun playing with his Go Pro camera he got from his parents.  But it sounded like the rain interfered with that a little bit too!
That night we went for dinner in Old San Juan to what they called a Casino.  It was a really fancy building with more marble in it than you can possibly imagine.  It was the one night we didn’t have assigned seats so we were able to sit with Tony and Mary and met some other very nice people as well.  The dinner was delicious!  The music was so loud you couldn’t hardly hear the person next to you talk unless they were yelling and if they were across the table you could see their lips moving and that was about it.  When we got back to the hotel we ended up at the hotel bar with Tony, Mary and we were introduced to 3 other really great couples…all from the south!  Heath and Lorenda from Georgia, Kathleen and Jason from Louisiana, and Amy and Dow from Arkansas.  They are all amazing people, they were fun to talk to and I felt like I had known them for a very long time.  Heath has a gift for telling stories (all were true), but he could probably make anything sound exciting.  We spent so much time laughing that my face and stomach hurt!  Before we knew it is was very late.  Actually that scene replayed itself the next two nights as well!



The outside of the casino.


Marble, marble and more marble


Beautiful ceiling and chandelier.

The very good, but very loud band was up in the balcony.



No comments:

Post a Comment