About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Stewart Christmas



Stewart Christmas was a few days after Christmas and it always a full day of food, presents and at least one forced family fun activity.  This year Diane wanted there to be a talent show.  We were all looking forward to going, but Joel and Cecilia got sick the day before.  We are talking high fevers, diarrhea, runny noses and lethargic.  They actually ended up being sick for over 2 weeks.  It probably had something to do with touching everything in the airport and airplane.  Cecilia also ended up with an ear infection and bronchiolitis.  She was a mess and the 3 of us got very little sleep at night for those weeks.  If you ever asked Cecilia if she was sick she would say "I not sick.  Vincent sick"  Or "I not sick! Joel-e sick"

Cecilia trying not to be sick.


Taking a long nap hoping her Tylenol kicks in.


In between naps they opened presents.  Joel was excited.


Cecilia loved her Baby Belle from Ellie


Vincent and Brad ended up being the only ones to go to Stewart Christmas.  The twins and I stayed home.  Thanks to modern technology we watched some of the present opening via FaceTime, but it wasn’t the same as being there.  Brad was so sweet and kept bringing us food and presents all day!  Joel and Cecilia didn’t mind staying home.  As much as we did miss being with everyone in person, Joel, Cecilia and I made the best out of our day!  We kind of enjoyed ourselves and the lack of commotion.


Cecilia opening another gift!

It was a princess tent that Joel really liked too.


Cecilia supervising Joel opening a gift.
 
We had a surprise visitor come over that evening.  Diane surprised the kids, Brad and I with a pony.  A couple days before Stewart Christmas I specifically asked Diane if her friends from Kansas were bringing any horses and she said “no”.  The night before Stewart Christmas Kristine called me and told me Diane already took care of Hank and don’t worry about coming over.  I found that strange because Kristine and I normally text and I specifically told Diane in the morning I was looking forward to coming over to take care of Hank and get away from the sick kids for 30 minutes.  The morning of Stewart Christmas Brad saw a pony in the barn when he went to take care of Hank for me and he chose not to tell me because there was nothing we could do about it at that point. 



A nativity set.

Cecilia and Joel really love each other!


Fever came back and Joel needed a nap until the Tylenol kicked in again.

That night they brought Vincent into the arena and surprised him with the pony named Hercules, all decorated in red bows.  Vince thought they were going out there for a talent show.  They showed him the pony and he said “When is the talent show?”   Later they had him ride the pony to our house and walked rang our door bell.  I was shocked and not very happy about having a pony.  No one else knew I was pregnant, but I knew I wouldn’t be doing a lot of riding this summer and the kids could get ponied on Hank.  Plus, Brad and I thought that the horses we had now were just fine!    Vincent, Brad and I all tried Hercules or spent time watching Vincent ride him over the next few days.  It turns out Hercules was 4 years old, just broke and gelded that spring.  Not my idea of an ideal pony.  I never wanted a pony but always maintained that if it was the right pony I would consider it.  Hercules was pretty good and in 5 years when the kids were older and he was better trained he would be great, but neither Brad or I have time for that.  Fast forward to May and Hercules found a new home. 


She needed a clothing change at some point.

She is a goof!


Cecilia insisted all her friends sleep on the couch with her.  She was feeling and looking terrible, so I didn't argue.




No comments:

Post a Comment