About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The first of many birthday parties for Vincent!



 
Vincent had been planning his 5th birthday party since 3 months after his 4th birthday.  To Vincent turning 5 was a huge deal and was the difference between being a baby and being a big kid.  All we heard about all school year was who was 5 and who was not!  Apparently in preschool that is a big deal.

Rachel, Jill, Andrew, and Kelsey.


Aunt Carol, Vincent and Aunt Alyse


Vincent had spent the 9 months leading to his birthday inviting everyone to his birthday party at Franklin Creek.  He invited the doctor, dentist, several store cashiers, his entire class, every family member, several people at church, and a few random kids at the park.  As his birthday approached I was a little worried that whatever party we had would not live up to the party he had planned in his head.  Especially because Franklin Creek is 1.5 hours from our house and I didn’t think that many people would make the drive.


Playing basketball, notice gate in back, golf cart road, and gold course

The birthday boy with his aunts and cousins

Girl picture...with Vincent not paying attention
So, we ended up having several birthday parties for Vincent.  Not something I want to get in the habit of doing, but due to our living situation this year it was worked out best to have several parties.  The first one was at my grandparents’ country club.  In November Vincent asked my Grandma if he could have his birthday party at her pool.  She agreed and many months later we planned a party.  


Nanno coming to check on us.  He was golfing


Nanno and me...I don't know what my hair (it was a post swimming picture) was doing or why I never got a picture with my grandma!!

Beautiful Kelsey and Rachel with Nanno

So on July 2nd we went to my grandparents’ country club and met up with my dad, Aunt Alyse, Aunt Jill and my grandparents.  Then I was surprised to see my Aunt Carol arrived along with my cousins Andrew, Rachel and Kelsey!  Vincent was thrilled and so was I.  Actually later at my grandparents’ house my Aunt Mary ,Uncle Rock, Coco, and Lou joined us too.  We had a great lunch that went on forever because everyone trickled in over an almost 2 hour time period.  We went swimming for 30 minutes.  I know that isn’t very long, but it was the coldest July 2nd on record and I only agreed to swimming because the boys really wanted to go.  Andrew was nice enough to join us!



Me, Jill, Nanno and Alyse

Mommy and Joel


After swimming my cousins, sisters and the kids went to go play basketball while my dad took Cecilia to sit in his warm car so she could take a nap.  The basketball court was in between  the pool area and the path were the golf carts drive.  It was fenced in and it appeared as though the gate was latched.  Joel threw a basketball over the fence (as an excuse to leave) and opened the gate and went to run after the ball.  I yelled “Andrew” because he was the closest to Joel and I could see 2 golf carts driving very fast right toward Joel.  Thank God that the golf carts were able to squeal to a stop and Joel was not hurt!  A little too much excitement for all of us.


Vincent explaining something to Andrew


Vincent and his goggles

Vincent, Andrew and Joel


 Joel really liked Andrew!

Before heading to my grandparents’ house to hang out for a little while we went to Rainbow Ice Cream, it was my grandma's treat for Vincent's birthday.  Vincent insisted that Andrew road in our car.  Rainbow has the best ice cream.  A rainbow cone has chocolate, strawberry, Palmer house, Pistachio and orange sherbet ice cream stack on top of each other all on a cone.  Half of those flavors I wouldn’t eat individually, but together they are heavenly!  We have been going to Rainbow Cone for as long as I can remember and it was fun to bring my kids there and have them enjoy the ice cream too.  Except poor Joel slept the whole time we were there, so he missed out!

I took this picture from their website www.rainbowcone.com


While we were at the country club my Aunt Carol and Andrew gave Vincent a present.  It was 3 magnifying glasses (he was quick to share them with his brother and sister), a bug catcher, and a plastic aquarium to catch bigger things.  Vincent was so excited and a few minutes after opening it he turned to my Aunt Carol and said “This is the most perfect present”



It was a very long and exhausting day, but it was fun to see my family and celebrate Vincent’s birthday with them!  Still kicking myself that I never got a picture of my grandma with me and Vincent!


No comments:

Post a Comment