About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

International Farm Visitors




After Jill’s bridal shower Cecilia and I arrived at home, quickly changed and got ready to greet a group of farmers from Germany that were touring the USA.  Our stop was the first one for the group and by the time they arrived at the farm they had been up for almost 24 hours!  I am not sure on exactly how this all came to be, but it had something to do with the owner of Horsch Manufacturing that Bob, Sarah and Brad have all had a chance to meet.  Bob and Sarah spent the day with him on their trip to Germany this winter.


The group enjoyed a presentation that Bob gave and then Bob and Brad answered some of their questions.  They toured our grain facility, looked at one of our fields and our equipment, and ended the evening with dinner.   While they were in the shed looking at equipment I had a chance to talk with a few of the farmers.  They all seemed very nice.  One of them showed me pictures of his kids (adorable) and the big and really cool collapsible wagon they used as a stroller.  I was pushing the double stroller at the time, so we were comparing.  His wagon was really awesome and held 3 kids!  Vincent used his time to interact with the farmers and show them some of the equipment.  I don’t know what they said to him but he responded with “…that’s because I am really smart!”


While we were standing and waiting for the group to finish listening to Bob’s presentation Joel took a tape measure, shoved it down his shirt and ran onto the bus the group brought to the farm.  Brad went and retrieved him from the bus, but he didn’t have his measure.  Grandpa went on the bus to get the measure but he couldn’t find it.  Vincent boarded the bus and tried to help.  The bus driver also started looking.  No one could find it.  Finally Joel escaped from Brad, ran on the bus and was back out with the measure in a matter of minutes!  I don’t know where he put it but it was a good hiding spot.


As the group was getting ready to leave they made sure to shake all of our hands and thank us.  Vincent didn’t want to be left out and started walking around shaking their hands too.  Right before the bus left Vincent really wanted to say good bye to everyone, so I told him he could get on the bus and say good bye to everyone.  He stood in the front of the bus and said his good bye, then he continued to talk and answer questions that the farmers were asking him.  After a couple minutes I sent Brad on the bus to retrieve Vincent.  He would have stayed all night if someone let him!



No comments:

Post a Comment