About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Last Day of Work




On June 29th I had my last official day as a part time veterinarian at Caton Crossing Animal Hospital.  I had worked there for 4 years and I was sad to leave.  Sad to leave my coworkers, sad to leave the patients and clients I really liked and a little happy to not have to see certain patients/clients again.

It had been a wonderful 4 years working there and I learned a lot!  However, with everything that we have going on with Joel Brad and I decided it was best for me to be home.  I don’t plan on never working again and I have started doing relief work, which is where I fill in at different veterinary clinics when their normal veterinarians aren’t there.  It is kind of like a substitute teacher, except for being a veterinarian.  With any luck I will be able to fill in at Caton once in awhile!

Now I am getting used to being a full time stay at home mom, and so far I like it.  It still feels like I am just on vacation.  I miss being guaranteed adult conversation 2 days a week, I miss doing surgery, I miss seeing my friends, and I miss hearing some of the crazy things clients would say.  I should have written them down!  The down side is when people ask what I do I don’t know how to respond.  I am and always will be a veterinarian, but I guess if I am not doing more than just relief work I should probably answer stay at home mom.  Not that there is anything wrong with being a stay at home mom, I stopped working to be one, but I still want people to know I am a veterinarian.  I endured a lot of school and paid a lot of tuition to become one.  However, I do like being able to be the one to take Joel to therapy a majority of the time.  I like that the kids get more consistency at home and I really like spending more time with the kids doing things we didn’t have time to do before, and my kids are really entertaining!  They have me laughing out loud several times a day and several times a day I have to pull it together and try not to laugh while I discipline them.  Plus, I have two more days a week to take pictures of them doing goofy things.  They are not going to appreciate all the pictures when they are older!

Being at full time stay at home mom is definitely a new adventure, but our life is full of those lately and I am sure that before long we will be settled into our new life and routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment