About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Cecilia!




Today is Cecilia's birthday!  She shares it with one of my best friends and I think that is pretty cool!  In some ways it is hard to believe that Cecilia is already 1 year old and in other ways it seems like she has been apart of our family forever.  She is a smart, sweet, strong, determined, fast moving girl that has melted her parents' hearts.  Joel and Vincent might not admit it but they love her a lot even if she makes them cry from time to time.


Cecilia Berdene not long after she was born

This is what we were doing 1 year ago today


She is loved by so many people.

A year later she looks like this!  Much cuter!


Me, Cecilia and Kennidy before Cecilia took her bow off


Vince and the dogs wanted in on the picture...Joel did not!

Papa and Grandma Pat

On Saturday we had a birthday party for Cecilia.  The birthday party almost didn't happen because she had a fever on Thursday and Friday.  Saturday morning she woke up without a fever and I was thrilled, except for the part where I had to motivate the kids to help me get ready for a party.  Brad was at a conference all morning and I was flying solo.  Later in the morning my grandparents, my mom and Kennidy all came over and helped me get things all set up.  It was such a blessing!


Grandma Dawn and Cecilia playing with the mirror


Kristy and Luke


Cecilia and Grandma Dawn


Auntie Kathy, Luke and Kristy. 


Nanno, Cecilia, and Azra


Cecilia and Mommy


We had a great evening with friends and family.  Bob and Sarah brought the Ranger and the bobsled and gave people rides around the pasture in the small amount of snow we had gotten overnight.  I forgot to tell some people about the sledding.  Luckily we have several extras of everything and we managed to find warm clothes for everyone that wanted to go sledding.  Later in the evening I was able to go on the sled with Vincent, Karoline, Keith, my cousin Kristy and my friend's daughter.  It was a blast!


Cecilia and Papa Ron

Cecilia on her "motorcycle" from Grandma Diane and Grandpa Craig


Joe and Vincent


Brett playing the guitar and giving me a funny look


Cupcakes!  There were plenty more!

Cecilia, Daddy and the cupcake



Getting ready to blow out the candle


She blew out the candle...with a little help from Daddy





Not sure what to think about the first bite of cupcake


Luke you should try the cupcakes they are delicious!



Try some daddy it is really good!



I love cupcakes!


Cecilia really enjoyed attempting to blow out the candle on her cupcake, but not nearly as much as she enjoyed eating the cupcake.  She loved it!  On the other hand opening presents was not something she cared very much about, which is good because there were a lot of kids that wanted to help her.



Vincent helping Cecilia


Austin and Vincent working together to open a box


I just supervised all the kids opening gifts for Cecilia


Amy taking gifts out of the packages for Cecilia and Joel


Vince and Austin very excited about a bath toy

Cecilia didn't really know what to think


Brett playing guitar and watching all the action


Grandma Pat, Grandma Diane, Kristine, Karoline, Aunt Sarah, Keith, and Grandpa Craig


Cecilia liked playing with the bags

At the birthday party we also had a chance to use our new popcorn machine that my dad gave us for Christmas.  I am not sure if all the kids had more fun eating the popcorn or watching it cook.


Cecilia trying to get Luke's attention


The popcorn machine!

A big thank you to everyone who brought food, gifts and gave up a Saturday night to help us celebrate Cecilia's 1st birthday!


Joel being Joel

Cecilia enjoying her birthday dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment