About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Road Trip to Florida



Our trip to FL went well.  The boys did really well.  We did a lot of musical chairs on the way down.  The boys took turns being the navigator, in their car seats on the couch with Cecilia, and laying in their bunk watching movies.  Cecilia was not happy about spending so much time in her car seat and she doesn’t like watching movies and she can only play peek-a-boo or look at books for so long.  The boys got more screen time than I care for but once we got to Disney they didn’t watch hardly any TV so it should all average out.  At least some of the programs, games and apps were educational.  It made me feel less guilty.  Joel even tried writing the letter “A” several times on my iPhone!


Cecilia and Mommy

My three monkeys ready to go to Florida!


Boys sleeping as we drive


At some point along the way Vincent decided that he wanted to brush my hair, something he has never asked to do before.  I worried a little bit about the brush getting stuck in my hair, but he did a great job and thought it was fun.  He brushed my hair a lot of different ways and many of them were a little crazy looking.  It only lasted about 20 minutes but I enjoyed it.  Vincent now wants to be a barber in addition to a scientist.



Joel navigating...or sleeping


Cecilia learned what donuts were on vacation.  She loved them!



Joel enjoying breakfast


Per the usual we spent one night in a Wal-Mart parking lot and another night in a Target parking lot.  The Target was less than 20 minutes from our campground in Disney so Vince was really excited when he woke up and asked “When are we going to be in Florida?” and I told him we were in Florida!  He was even more excited when I let him wear shorts.  The high the first day we were in Florida was 85!  Vincent kept saying “it is warm just like when it is my birthday.  Is it my birthday?”



Cecilia showing off her cute skirt



Brad our wonderful driver



Joel watching movies in his bed



Vincent navigating


The first two days we were in Florida it was in the 80's and I had a lot of fun dressing the kids in shorts and t-shirts, and not having to put coats, hats, gloves, boots, etc on everyone before we could leave to go somewhere!  That all changed as the week went on but it was really nice for a couple days. 



Our destination


Happy to be on vacation!



Joel and Cecilia ready to get out of their seats


Brad told them we were there to celebrate Cecilia's birthday





No comments:

Post a Comment