About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Goals



It is always good to have a goal, even if you don’t think it is possible to achieve the goal.  Brad decided that we should leave for our vacation to Disney on Saturday the 9th as soon as I got off of work around 1pm.  He has been saying this for 2 weeks and I kept telling him that the chance of that happening isn’t very great.  Actually I thought it was nearly impossible, but I was going to do my best to at least try.  I spent most of the week trying to make sure I was on top of the laundry, bills, cleaning, etc.  I was making lists of what we needed and slowly packing all week.

It took a few late nights but I almost everything packed before I left for work on Saturday with the kids.  I took the kids to the babysitter’s and Brad stayed home to load everything up, get the RV ready, clean the house, etc.  As we were driving I called Brad to remind him to grab something and I ended the conversation with “don’t forget the kitchen sink too!”  Vincent goes “uh, Mommy how is Daddy going to get the kitchen sink out of the counter?”  I love how literal kids are at this age!  When I got to work my schedule looked very busy but I ended up getting out of work on time.  When we got to the farm Brad had the RV packed and ready to go.  We were on the road by 1:47pm!  I was amazed that we were on the road so early!

It turns out that slowly packing my clothes all week as I was doing laundry was a bad idea.  I really just need to wait until all my clothes are clean and then quickly pack at that point.  Once again I forgot a whole stack of clothes on my closet shelf were they were waiting to be packed.  I did this before at the family reunion.  This time it was all my jeans and I didn’t even discover it until Sunday morning.  Luckily we found a Gap outlet store in Georgia.  They were having a 50% of denim one day sale that day and I was able to get some new jeans.  I didn’t have many pairs at home anyway so it all worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment