About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Play Tube



Brad is a little bit of a tech geek.  He loves electronics and fiddling around with them to make them do different things.  Where I am happy just listening to music on a CD, or my iPhone or on Pandora with my iPhone, Brad likes to have it on an app called Play Tube where you can watch music videos on your iPhone which then Brad transfers to the TV using apple TV.  I don’t like it only because I use our almost nightly dance parties to wear the kids out a little bit, especially in the winter when we aren’t running around outside.  When they are watching the music video they stop dancing as much.  However, I am the only one in the house that doesn’t like it, so I get out voted.  The kids are doing better about dancing and not just staring at the TV.

Our music favorites right now include Alicia Keys “Girl on Fire”, Michael Jackson’s “Bad”, The Peterson Brother’s “I'm farming and I grow it” and “Farmer Style”, "Mickey Mouse and friends Jingle Bells", we have some other regulars but those songs are a must have lately.  Every few weeks they have new favorites and old favorites get phased out.  Joel is in love with Alicia Keys, if that song comes on he stops and just watches the TV.  You can pick him up and dance around and his head is constantly turning to see the TV.  Joel can sing the whole song and even copies a few of her dance moves.  Vincent loves “Bad” and dances around singing “I’m bad, I’m bad”.  When he asks for the song he says "you know, the song that means 'I'm cool' in the olden days." Cecilia just practices her walking occasionally you can catch her trying to dance and then she will clap her hands and say “good girl”.

The songs that everyone loves we play at every dance party are the songs by the Peterson Brothers.  They are parodies and they do a great job promoting agriculture.  Vincent knows almost all the words and Joel dances around and points to the TV and says “John Deere” anytime he sees a tractor, combine or one of the brothers wearing John Deere apparel.  Below are the links for the two videos on YouTube.
Sometimes our dance parties turn into wrestling matches which is great as long you aren’t the one being tackled.  Now that the boys are getting bigger and stronger it is very easy to be injured.  I used to love to wrestle them, but I no longer enjoy having my hair pulled or a knee in my belly.  I still wrestle them but our rule is no wrestling unless Daddy is home.  That way he is there to keep Cecilia out of the wrestling match and save me if I need it.  Not that we don’t want Cecilia to wrestle but she will go right for your face and you can’t protect yourself and her from the boys crazy wrestling moves.
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of warmer weather so I can get my monkeys outside more and wear them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment