About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fort Wilderness Campground Fun!


 
We stayed at Fort Wilderness Campground in Disney and it was wonderful!  The first day we were there we set up camp, road bikes, played at the park and went swimming all within a few hours of checking in.  We knew looking ahead at the 10 day weather forecast that it was one of the few nice days we were going to get.

Vincent all ready to go to the pool

Cecilia loving the warm weather!

Joel ready to go!


water playground

We were all excited to check out the pool, but not quite as excited as Vincent.  He was keeping us on task and making sure everyone was getting ready and no one was forgetting about going to the pool and ASAP!  The pool was pretty wonderful.  The water was warm, there was a little kiddie pool that was really shallow, a water playground area for younger kids that was fenced in, a main swimming pool and a big water slide. 


Vincent going down the slide

Joel trying the slide

Joel loved the water playground!  He went down the slides too many times to count, he sat in the water at the end of the slides and watch other kids go down, and he climbed up the slides with the other kids.  Cecilia enjoyed walking in the shallow water, splashing and watching all the big kids play.  Vincent had fun there too but he was anxious to get in the big pool and check out the water slide.  Vincent and I left everyone else at the kid pool and went for the big pool.  It was nice!  The water temperature was perfect and Vincent and I had fun swimming around.  We went to go down the water slide, but Vincent got a little nervous and wouldn’t do it.  I went down the slide and loved it!


Mommy and Cecilia


Joel


Daddy and Cecilia

Joel splashing into the water
  

After a little while Grandma brought Cecilia over to join us in the big pool and she loved floating around in her little raft thing.  Vincent tried playing a game with some of the camp counselors and other kids and then Joel and Brad joined us.  Joel went down the big water slide a couple times by himself.  Brad would send him down and I would catch him.  Both the boys were wearing life jackets so they were safe.  It was hard to tell if Joel liked the water slide or was completely terrified.  He asked to go again after the first time, but after the second time down he wanted nothing to do with it.  I knew Vincent would love it if he just tried it but he was refusing.  Finally I told him I would let him have a sip of pop if he tried the slide.  He went down once and loved it!  He ended up going at least 5 more times that day!  He was very excited to enjoy 5 sips of pop at the end of the day as a reward.



Vincent playing a game by the pool


Cecilia, Mommy and Vincent


Cecilia and Mommy


Vincent doing a great job swimming


Family photo!
  
After a delicious dinner we went to the campfire sing-a-long with Chip and Dale and enjoyed some s’mores!  Then we stayed for a movie outside on a big screen and it was one we all like “Finding Nemo”!  We didn’t stay for all of it because we all needed some sleep so we would be ready for our big day at Magic Kingdom the next day.



The big water slide

Joel and Mommy catching Vincent at the bottom of the water slide


Why am I not in the water?


Grandpa Craig and Cecilia


Brad, Vincent, Joel and Cecilia...ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment