About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Prayers


Every night we say prayers.  For so long we sang a little prayer song “Oh the Lord is good to me and so I thank the Lord for giving me the things I need the sun and the rain and the apple seed.  Oh the Lord is good to me Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen.”  The kids knew it and liked it and then Vincent would thank God for something.  This winter Joel started following the song with “Thank you God for this wonderful day and for…..” and then he would add something.  At first I was surprised and then Brad said he had been doing that for him for a while. 

Now each of the kids says “Thank you God for this wonderful day and for ….”  Sometimes it is something they did that day, or something they are going to do the next day, or a person they saw recently.  For a long time Joel thanked God for playing in the basement with Vincent and Cecilia.  Then one day he so sweetly said “Dear God, Thank you for today.  Thank you see grandma, Ellie, Brett, Luke and Keith.”  One night he even thanked God for his teacher!  It is so cute to hear him say his prayers.

Cecilia gets in on the act too.  After her birthday party she prayed “Amen. Amen. Amen.  Thank you God for my birthday!”  For three weeks straight she prayed for my niece Ellie.  Then it was Ellie and the Vincent’s friend Tyler.    Other times it is for playing in the basement.  Then on morning Karoline and Keith babysat the kids and that night she thanked God for “Kar-o-line and Keif”

Vincent says sweet things too, and it is generally about something he did that day.  Lately he isn’t wanting to pray out loud with his brother and sister and we don’t always push him to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment