About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cecilia's birthday and Exciting Announcements



Cecilia’s birthday party was the first weekend in February and we were ready to have a little fun in our life.  Brad and I were super excited because we bought a shirt for Cecilia that said “Every super hero needs a side kick.  Mine arrives 8/14!”  We were going to finally tell everyone we were expecting.   Diane knew I had a few things to do for the party and her and Keith asked if the kids could play at her house early in the day.  Brad took my vehicle, so I had no car seats.  Diane and Keith walked over through all the snow, I got snow clothes on the kids and I helped them walk the kids back to her house.  We used the sled as a way to haul the two little kids over.  Keith and Vincent spent time playing in the snow at Grandma’s and the little two went to play in the house.  I walked back and started cleaning and cooking for the party.  Later in the afternoon Keith and Vincent wanted to come play the Wii, so Diane sent them over by themselves.  She could see them until they were halfway, and then I went and watched them from the window the second half of their journey.  The happily played Skylanders for hours on the Wii while I got ready for the party.

Playing in the snow!

Joel.


Diane, Cecilia, Keith.



Cecilia had the shirt on from the time everyone arrived.  She was running around the house, playing with her aunts, sitting on a stool by everyone and no one ever bothered to read her shirt.  Finally my mom asked when we were going to tell everyone and I said that there was a sign running around already and no one saw it.  My mom then made Jill read Cecilia’s shirt, I showed Keith the shirt and he instantly understood what it meant.  An hour later still no one had noticed the shirt so my mom asked my dad to read it for her.  He started by making up words, then we said no really read it and he read half of it.  After reading it for the 5th time he finally read all of it and realized what it meant!  As the night went on and other people arrived we had to encourage them to read Cecilia’s shirt.  Surprisingly it took people a few seconds to figure out what it meant.  I think they were all in disbelief that we were having 4 kids.  My sister in law Sarah, Kristine and Karoline couldn’t make it to the party, but I figured Bob and Keith would tell them so I never called her or sent her a text to tell her.  It turns out that Bob and Keith didn’t tell her on Sunday when she got home and she didn’t find out until Monday.   I now know I need to tell her all important things myself!


Cecilia's t-shirt.


Birthday cake!


Grandma Dawn and Joel.


Mommy and Cecilia.


Kristy and Cecilia.


Nanno and Cecilia and her birthday pez.


The other surprise at Cecilia’s birthday was that Alyse and Brandon announced they were engaged!  Very exciting news!  Family wedding are so much fun!



Nanno reading Cecilia's shirt.

Cecilia opening a gift from Grandma Diane.


Cecilia with her blanket sleeping bag from Aunt Michelle.


Reading her new books in her sleeping bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment