About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Crazy Idea!



Sundays after church there is usually coffee hour with food in the fellowship hall.  There are very few weekends when there is not coffee hour.   Our kids love going to coffee hour and who can blame them, there are good treat and lots of people to visit with.  I used to try to leave without going to coffee hour, but I gave up on that idea.  For starters Brad and I are both on different committees for church and need to talk to people and check on things after church and it is much easier when the kids are happy eating food.  Plus I quickly figured out that kids didn’t need lunch on Sunday afternoons and were perfectly happy to eat an early dinner.

One Sunday in the middle of February there was no coffee hour.  Joel was distraught.  He walked in and out of the fellowship hall so many times saying “where the food?” or “No food!”  We ended up going to Culver’s and let the kids get chocolate milk and ice cream with their kids meals.  Then as we are eating all this food at home Joel kept saying “I go to Disney.  I got to see Mickey Mouse.”  He was serious and really thought he had to see Mickey, it was like he had something urgent to tell him.  Then Brad tells me, why don’t you and Joel go to Disney.  I couldn’t believe my ears.  I asked him if he was serious and he was.  Brad’s plan was that I could use my Southwest miles, we could stay with his parents and then drive back with his parents in the motorhome.  He said and I quote “I can take care of things around here.  Plus I want some time alone with Cecilia.”  He went on to say that Joel and I really needed to get away and neither one of us had been very happy lately.  It was true!  I quickly called his parents to see when they were driving home and to see if Joel and I could go visit them.

By the end of the day we had plane tickets , a plan, and a babysitter for Cecilia during the days that I was gone!  Explaining to Vincent that he didn’t get to go was a little bit harder, but bless his heart he took it like a champ.  We told him that since Joel didn’t like Disney before and now he was asking to go that I was going to take him and see if he liked it better and if he did we would all go back when everyone was tall enough to ride all the rides.  I also told him that since I was pregnant and Joel was too short we weren’t going to ride any of the roller coasters or really fun rides he liked anyway.  There was no complaining!  He just asked for either a pirate sword or a goofy hat.  We rarely get souvenirs but I was making an exception this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment