About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fall Colors

I have enjoyed fall so much this year!  October was so beautiful by us with all of the fall colors.  Our house is surrounded by trees and the color was amazing.  I just couldn’t believe it.  I took a lot of pictures by they didn’t do the color any justice.


View from the back door.

View from the back patio.


Somewhere in the backyard.


Looking from the front door toward the road.


Joel's climbing tree in the backyard.


Front yard.

With a lot of trees, comes a lot of leaves and our yard was full of leaves!  At first it was so much fun because you could easily make a pile for the kids to jump in.  At our old house it was a struggle to get enough leaves to make it fun, especially when it was windy.  At our new house I made 5 very large piles in about 20 minutes!  We had piles under the tree that Joel likes to climb.  Brad even made a big pile at the bottom of the slide.  It was a blast falling into it!


Cecilia, Vincent, and Joel and a lot of leaves.


Cecilia, Vincent and Joel in 1 of my leaf piles.



A pile of kids in a pile of leaves.


Vincent.



That pile is huge and there are so many more leaves!


After a good week or two of having fun in the leaves Brad and I realized we had a big problem.  The leaves weren’t going to leave on their own.  Even the windy days we had were not moving many leaves.  They were so thick that you couldn’t find the grass or see the bricks on the patio.   Brad used a leaf blower and mower and made a good dent in the yard.  It is definitely a new experience for us!



Looking from the road toward the house.



View from the pasture toward the east.


The trees in the pasture.

The magnificent color toward the east.


Somewhere in the pasture...I just love the yellow.  It was so much better in person.










2 comments:

  1. Whoa, you could submit some of these to photographers!! Esp the view to the east one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alyse. I should probably see if someone in those houses wants the picture!

    ReplyDelete