About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Church Movie Night

The Bible study group that I am a part of had the idea to host two movie nights this fall/winter.  We would have some snacks and a craft and have a free will offering.  We would then use that money toward Vacation Bible School.  The first movie was Robin Hood.  I wanted Joel to enjoy the movie with all the other kids and people there and not throw a fit because he didn’t like the movie.  No one owned the movie so I volunteered to buy it because I wanted Joel to watch it.  We mostly kept the movie in the car and watched it many times, so much that Joel started to really like it.  During the movie Joel was one of the few kids that sat and watched the whole movie.  The movie night went well, I don’t know how many of the kids actually watched the movie.  A lot of them did crafts too.


Kristy, Cecilia and Luke working on making sheep.


Our second movie was The Polar Express.  I never got around to forcing Joel to watch the movie because we didn’t have it on DVD only on Netflix.  I tried putting it on once and he told me to turn it off that he didn't want to watch it.  He managed to pay attention for 2/3 of the movie at church.  The last 1/3 he sort of watched and ran around checking everything out and ate cookies!  Vincent sat so still through the movie, he only got up a couple times and that was to get snacks and to tell me the movie was making him nervous. Once I told him that the ending was good he was fine!  I had never seen the movie before and I thought it was really good.

The movie nights have been a great family time for us and hopefully other families too.  We get to see friends and pretend like we are at a movie theater without the stress (and cost) of bringing three small children to the movie theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment