About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

VBS Athens!




Our theme this year for Vacation Bible School was Athens: Paul’s Dangerous Journey to Share the Truth!  VBS at our church is in the evening because it seems to work better for volunteers and attendees.  It takes a lot of work to put together VBS.  Besides picking a theme, and recruiting volunteers, there is setting up all the decorations, getting t-shirts made and trying to get people to register ahead of time.  It is hard work, but totally worth it!


Opening worship


Adorable snack


Blessed to have talented people at church



Fun crafts!



This year through the course of the week we had 34 kids, including kids in the nursery.  On any given day we had between 26-29 kids.  We also had around 24 volunteers throughout the week!  I am so thankful to all the volunteers for their hard work and dedication to VBS!


Joel enjoying dancing



Kristy and Luke there to pick up Brett



My favorite mascot



Each night the kids started with singing songs and dancing.  Then they would go have some discussion in their small groups.  Followed by crafts, snack and games.  The kids had a blast making crafts and playing games!  They also loved eating.  We also had story time with Paul and he would tell us about some of his adventures and sharing God’s word with others.  The night would then end with more small group time and more singing and dancing.  By the end of the week the kids were all exhausted and so was I!  VBS is a lot of fun but it wears me out.  Sunday the worship service was all based on what we learned at VBS and the kids sang songs for everyone.  I wasn’t able to attend but I heard it all went well.




Armor relay race




Story time with Paul



Fun dancing!



This year Joel was old enough to attend VBS.  I wasn’t sure what to expect from it but Grandma Diane went with Joel’s group so he could have a helper.   I was thinking that the first day would be rough but by the end of the week he would have the routine down and really like it.  I was completely wrong!  So often that is the case when I try to predict how Joel will react.  At the beginning of the week Joel was so excited and happy to be at Bible School.  He sang songs and danced around, played games and made crafts.  He loved it!  As the week went on and we had more late nights because of VBS and he got less sleep he enjoyed participating less and less in all the activities.  Although crafts and snacks seemed to remain exciting to him all week.  By Friday Joel was exhausted and couldn’t handle VBS anymore so he joined Cecilia in the nursery for half of the night.


Grandma helping Joel with his craft



Fun with friends



Singing and dancing



Each kid put a hand on the cross



Vincent had a blast at VBS!  He had so much fun learning and spending time with his friends.  On Friday night Vincent stayed late with me and several other adults to set up for the service on Sunday.  He was so helpful and when he wasn't helping he was telling people how helpful he was.  The kid makes me laugh!




Joel playing by the tree




An obstacle course



Group timed event

It was a great week of fellowship and fun!











No comments:

Post a Comment