About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Mud Monsters


With all the rain we have been having I have run out of creative ways to keep the kids busy inside, plus they really don’t want to be inside.  I gave up avoiding mud puddles along time ago (unless we are in nice clothes) because it is a lot of wasted effort.  So, we put on our dinosaur boots (rain boots) and get in the mud.  Well, Cecilia doesn’t have any rain boots that fit her so she wears her brothers’ old sandals.  Sometimes it stinks to be the youngest, especially when your mom doesn't love shopping!



Yoga in the mud



Why do they have rain boots and I have sandals?



Lovely muddy face



I love the mud!



This is so much fun! 



Joel itched his nose after his hands were full of mud.



I am cold and dirty.  Shower please!



Vincent the mud monster


I'm back in the mud.


3 mud monsters



When it rains Craig and Diane get a great big mud puddle on their driveway.  The kids love it!  They run, stomp, splash and even try to do some yoga in the puddle.  The boys take mud from the puddle and put it on the rock retaining wall to “help hold everything together.”  They are so entertaining to watch and just make me laugh.




Stomping in the puddle




The take off



and landing



This is how you do it Cecilia



This is so much fun!


We are so cool!


Excuse us, but Mom will make you sleep in the garage tonight if you play in the mud

Joel, if you could just stop playing in the mud and throw the ball that would be great!

No, really just throw the ball and I will be your best friend



Look at my hands Mommy!



The first day Cecilia was the one who started playing in the mud puddle first and her brothers were quick to follow.  Once we were getting close to being done I had to call Diane and ask her to bring a hose out so I could spray the kids off.  They were not happy about the cold water, but once they had a hot shower they were over it!



Starting to get a little dirty thanks to her brothers



Joel looking sweet and innocent



Big jump



The landing


Big Splash


Vincent being Vincent



So much fun to be had in a mud puddle



The second time they played in the puddle Brad was around home.  He was enjoying watching them have fun, but had just washed both vehicles that were sitting by the puddle and was a little worried they would end up dirty.  After taking way too many pictures I decided to join in the fun!  If you have never jumped in a mud puddle as an adult I highly recommend it, it is a blast.  Well, right up until your husband threatens to clean you up with cold water from the hose.



Cecilia I will show you how to make mud balls



Washing her hands




Big mud ball



Smearing mud on Cecilia's hair



Joel you could have helped me!


Cecilia with mud on her head



Not sure what was going on here



Silly faces on Vincent



Adorable, even when he is covered in mud


The kids got a little carried away the second time around and were throwing mud and smearing it in Cecilia’s hair and all over me!  We were all disgusting.  Instead of getting the hose out I convinced Brad to take a warm bucket of water and let me use that to get a good rinse in for all the kids.  Then they could all go right to the shower and get cleaned up.  It worked well unless you were the last person to get rinsed and you were rinsing with water that was dirtier than the mud puddle.  At least it was warm!



Getting the freshly cleaned truck dirty



Running away before Daddy notices



Cecilia giving Vincent the business about something


Quick Run!



Sneaking away



Little Ms. Berdene



She was disgusting



So was Joel



Vincent attacking Joel



....and thinking he is hilarious



Hold me Mommy



Taking the flag on an adventure



Joel LOVES the flag




Big splashes



Last one in the bucket = cold dirty water





No comments:

Post a Comment