A way to keep family and friends updated on our family and farming.
About Me
- Kelli
- I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
I just wanted to mow the yard
Last week it took me 2 days to be able to mow 3/4 of our yard. Between mowing while the children were sleeping and a mower that kept breaking I gave up after 2 days of trying. Brad gave it a try over the weekend and the mower broke again at that point we were up to 5 days from the time I started mowing, it was a losing battle! This week I decide the yard had to get mowed or I was going to start losing the dogs and children in the yard. It went something like this: 25 min drive to the main farm, find a hitch with the correct ball size, find and hook up the trailer, say a prayer because one of our employees hasn't left to head south to finish planting and he is nice enough to help load up the mower, drive 25 min home with sleeping children, feed and play with kids and wait for them to be ready for their afternoon nap, mow like crazy while they sleep, check in on them 40 min into mowing (everyone asleep!), mow another 30 min, come in the house and find 2 1/2 year old helping himself to a snack in the kitchen and reading a magazine. The one day he doesn't take a 2 1/2 hour nap! The good news is I managed to mow the yard in record time. The bad news is I wasn't wearing my contacts or glasses and it may be the worst mowing job ever!
Labels:
home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment