About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Better than Disney

In February Brad, the boys, my father in law (Craig), and my brother in law (Bob) and I went to the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville.  For days Brad and I told the boys how we were going on a vacation.  Vince told everyone he was "going on cation."  So late at night we left the farm in Bob's motorhome and headed down to Louisville.  The boys and I slept most of the time.  When we pulled into the parking lot at 2am to get a few hours of sleep before we went to the show, the boys woke up and decided they had enough sleep.  A couple hours later the boys and I were asleep again and then it was time to wake up!

Riding around in style.  Several people thought they were twins.

I had never been to the Farm Machinery Show before and I had no idea what to expect.  About 90% of the people attending the farm show are male.  One nice lady told me that my boys were the best thing she saw all day.  There were people of all ages there from newborn babies being pushed in stroller to senior citizens being pushed in wheelchairs and everything in between.  If you went with a group chances are you would lose your group at some point and you better hope you had a cell phone to call them or a predetermined meeting place, because the chances of wandering into them isn't great!



Everywhere you looked there were tractors, trailers, combines, sprayers, tires, tracks, lawn mowers, grain handling equipment, livestock handling equipment, etc.  There was even a racecar that Vince was convinced he needed.  We visited it 4 times!  The best part was that you could climb in/on the different equipment and check it out as many times as you wanted and the sales people were happy to answer every question you had.  It was like a toy store for the adults and Disney World for the kids.  The best part was there was no lines and it was free!  There weren't many tractors Vince and Joel didn't check out and "drive".  Due to their short attention span we were able to see almost everything in the first day as opposed to my father in law who can stand at one booth for 30+ minutes before moving on.
At this point we were missing Brad, but we found him a little later

Trying to decide if it was time to leave.
It was a short but fun trip!  Hopefully we are able to go again next year!  Although next year Vince and Joel will both be able to run around and most likely in different directions.  We may have to enlist Grandma to come with and help me when Brad is talking to the sales people.

No comments:

Post a Comment