Vince never ceases to amaze me with the things he says and the things he thinks about. Some of the conversations leave me laughing and others make me wonder where he gets stuff from. Lately he gets confused with his pronouns and that just makes me smile. Everyone is a "he" or "him."
He is very interested in how things work in our house. When we draw houses on paper we have to make sure we draw a basement. In the basement we have to draw the hot water heater and the boiler and pipes. Brad and I are more than happy to explain how different things work and he just soaks it all up. Tonight he was taking a shower and had to tell me about how the water came from the pipes in the basement, into the fiery furnace (hot water heater), and up to the shower.
Some of the conversations are very entertaining and I have a hard time keeping a straight face. When he is older he may not appreciate me for sharing the following conversations, but oh well!
V: When I get big boobies like you?
Me: Boys don't get big boobies
V: When I big I do, when Joel get big he get them
Me: No, boys don't get big boobies, even when they are big
V: Why?
Me: That's just the way it is
V: Why?
Me: That's the way God made us.
( I really thought I had him after this statement, I just can't handle all the "whys")
V: Why?
Me: That's just the way he made us
(At this point I am not sure we are even going to get off this subject)
V: I need to talk to God at church Sunday
(At this point I think we should skip church Sunday and then I remember I have to be there for a meeting)
The next day we had a similar discussion and I was really dreading church on Sunday. Luckily this conversation ended with Vince deciding that he needed to hold God. In case you are wondering he was too busy playing in the nursery to ask God about anything.
I am sure there will be plenty more entertaining conversations over the years.

No comments:
Post a Comment