About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Conversations with Vince Feb edition

Here are some of Vincent's latest quotes:

A few weeks ago we went to sign Vince up for preschool.  On the form it asked what name the child likes to be called.  I said to Vince "Would you like your teacher to call you Vincent or Vince?"  He responded "Vincent Craig Stewart" like it was a silly question to even ask.  I wrote down Vincent or Vince.  If he wants them to use his full name he can ask his teacher to do so on his own this fall.

A few days before Cecilia was born I was trying to explain to Vince how small babies are.  I showed him the diapers his sister would be wearing and how much smaller they were than Joel's diapers.  Vince was quiet for a second and then said "I am big now and my butt is too big for those diapers.  Mommy you are big and your butt is too big for the diapers too."

In trying to prepare Vince for his new baby sister I explained to him that a lot of babies look kind of funny after they are born.  That is sister might be kind of funny looking or ugly at first but she would get cuter as she got bigger.  When Grandma Pat was at our house and said to Vince "Aren't you excited to see your baby sister?  She is going to be so cute!"  Vince quickly said "No she is going to be ugly.  Babies are ugly when they are born!"  When we were at the hospital I was surprised when Vince saw Cecilia and told me how cute she was.

When I was picking Vince up from Awana club a couple weeks ago I told him to say goodbye to everyone.  I was thinking he would just wave to everyone and say bye, which he did.  We were at the door of the classroom and he turned and ran back into the classroom up to his friend Aubrey, said goodbye, gave her a hug, told her he loved her and gave her a kiss.  It all happened in a matter of seconds and there was nothing I could do to stop him!  His teachers were all in shock!  The good new is Aubrey is my friend's daughter and when I sent her a text telling her what happened she thought it was cute.  My little Italian boy just can't help but give hugs and kisses, and tell everyone that he loves them.  He does it to his aunts, cousins, grandparents, friends, etc.  We are going to have to keep reminding him that hugs and kisses are just for family, but I know he will argue about it!


Vince was helping me look at something on my laptop on the couch.  I was holding Cecilia and he kept getting closer and closer and I was afraid he was going to hit Cecilia in the head accidentally.  I said something to him about watching where his hand went and he said "Mommy, you know why I have 2 hands?  So, I can hug both of you at the same time." And he gently gave Cecilia and I a big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment